Ceiling leaks are one of the most common handyman jobs we have to deal with.
They occur in various forms and we can deal with all of the areas below 1 - 9 *
1. from a leaking waste pipe or hot or cold water pipe above the damaged areas,
2. below a bath or shower where the silicone seal is not effective.
3. from a leaking washing machine or dishwasher hose.
4. from a pipe in a wall
5. from a chimney
6. to the side of a conservatory
7. to the side or adjacent to a bay window where there is an integral gutter on the roof above the bay window.
8. on a flat or sloping roof ( MAX 3metres 10 ft in height ) where the lead flashing is loose, come adrift or non existent,
9. below a balcony / porch
* THE AREAS BELOW SHOULD BE PROFESSIONALLY REPAIRED BY AN EXPERIENCED ROOFING COMPANY AND WE ARE HAPPY TO COMPLETE DECORATIONS ONCE THIS HAS BEEN DONE.
10.* below a tiled or slate roof.
11 *. below a flat roof n.b there are some instances where we can repair flat roofs
12. The leak can even be from a flat above yours and this is where it gets complicated and the problems start.
SCENARIO. Its not your fault but your neighbour above has had a leak which has damaged your ceiling.
a. Is he or she prepared to pay for the work.
b. Are they claiming on their insurance
c. Are you claiming on your insurance
d. Are you paying for the work
e. Is there an absent landlord or management company or leaseholder
Ideally your neighbour should be dealing with all of these problems for you.
OK, where does that leave me,